Tax Manager - Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
Job Title: Tax Manager - Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services Location: Birmingham Salary Level: Competitive
Our business tax professionals help businesses meet complex demands for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
Our BTS Birmingham team is growing and we are looking for tax professionals who both excel at client relationships (with the confidence and skills to win new work and clients) and technically bring significant tax accounting skills and knowledge of tax accounting and auditing tax accounts (in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP) to join our team as a senior manager.
As a manager you will play a key role effectively managing the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing & coaching less experienced members of the team supporting them through assignments and helping them develop their careers.
Many of the BTS Birmingham team work flexibly and are actively encouraged to find a working pattern that gives them the work life balance that works for them and our clients. EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Key responsibilities in the role of Tax Manager (TARAS):
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Skills and Experience required for the role of Tax Manager (TARAS)
- Excellent tax accounting skills and knowledge of tax accounting in accordance with IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of IAS 12
- Strong audit of tax background, experience of leading audits for a variety of clients including FTSE 100, FTSE 250, in-bound and privately owned clients
- Ability to lead an audit of tax team with a number of jurisdictions reporting into the UK
- Experience of GAAP conversion from old UK GAAP to FRS 101 / 102
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Degree qualified
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.