Team Leader, Advice Support (12 months)
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
Join us as a Team Leader for Advice Support in Birmingham
- Take on a leadership role with great development potential in our Private Banking business
- You'll be leading and motivating a team of support staff in the Market Leader area, and building a collaborative, high performing team culture
- This 12 month position provides an excellent opportunity to build your leadership skills in a friendly team environment and hone your private banking expertise
What you'll do
You'll provide leadership across a team of assistants in the Market Leader region and take overall responsibility for the management and performance of the team. This will involve line managing team members and supporting them to develop their potential and deliver great results. You'll be setting stretching goals and embedding a client focused operating rhythm across the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading by example, building trust and communicating clearly and with impact to the team
- Working with the Market Leader to develop and implement local business strategy, including the delivery of an effective operating rhythm across the team that covers all areas of the balanced business scorecard
- Providing relevant coaching and development to your team, with a focus on delivering improvements and an outstanding client experience
- Working in close partnership with other team leaders and local business partners in managing and mitigating risk
- Delivering agreed levels of support to front line advisors and team leaders that support growth and revenue targets across the team
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a good understanding of Private Banking and Wealth Management, covering its clients, market place, and products and services.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- A record of working within an FCA regulated investment or banking advice organisation
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills
- A passion for coaching, supporting and developing others, and the personal drive to lead and motivate a high performing team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
You'll be able to use critical thinking skills to cut through complexity, and make sound decisions and you'll be an accomplished networker who can look past organisational boundaries and advocates a 'one bank' approach.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.