Tech Lounge Champion Manager Birmingham
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 19
Tech Lounge Champion Manager Birmingham
TechLounge Champion - IT Support
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
In this role, the success candidate will
• Champion a team of TechLounge Customer Experts providing a customer centric service to all PwC employees.
• Create an innovative Technology focussed environment where customer satisfaction is primary.
• Deliver a daily service providing a focal point for customer interaction and support for all hardware and software issues including [but not limited to] client, mobility, wireless, printing, connectivity, applications.
• Maintain/resolve all open incidents/tasks within ticket queue in a timely manner.
• Partner with other IT teams on new technology introduction projects to ensure the site is prepared to deploy, educate and support the new solutions.
• Ensure all business policies and standards around security and compliance are being met by the TechLounge service.
• Analyse TechLounge performance data and adapt service to better meet business requirements.
• Be a resource and guidance for customers with regards to Technology use, PwC working policies and procedures.
• Establish strong, open working relationships with customers at all levels.
• Proactively anticipate, identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex, difficult or stressful situations.
• Effectively communicate and share technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization.
• Drive a culture of change and innovation
• Experience leading a team within a working retail/service environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• High levels of energy and self-motivation
• Enthusiastic around Technology and Innovation
• Effective problem identification and solutions skills
• Ability to lead from the front and drive a culture of change
• Strong team player and collaborator
• Ability to work out of the London PwC offices
• Legal authorisation to work in UK
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Experience in delivering a Technical support service
• Technical expertise [Windows, Apple Mac, Mobile]
• Experience working in a global organisation
• Proven analytical skills
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity