Telephone Mortgage Adviser
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us as a Telephone Mortgage Adviser in Birmingham
- Buying a home is one of the biggest and most important events in our customers' lives, and we're looking for the right people to help make a difference and support them
- If you have a real customer focus, and keen ambition to grow your career, we'd like you to join our exciting contact centre in Birmingham
- We're looking for people who are passionate in their support to our customers over the telephone and increasingly though our digital channels - including using our exciting video technology in the future
- You'll be CeMAP qualified, (or have an equivalent qualification) and be truly excited about making a memorable and personal impact to our customers
What you'll do
You'll be having great conversations with our customers, to explore and understand their individual needs and circumstances - giving them expert, trusted advice and helping them to fulfil their home-buying aspirations. We'll look to you to use your fantastic interpersonal skills to build trust, and excite them about banking with us.
Taking out a mortgage can be a daunting time, and you'll be there for our customers by:
- Building strong, trusted relationships and providing a friendly, thorough and professional service
- Delivering quality, fair, and accurate advice on the most suitable products to meet their needs
- Being proactive in following up leads and referrals to develop new contacts to grow our customer base
In return for your dedication, we'll help you to nurture your own talents and personal career. The Senior Mortgage Adviser position will be a natural progression for this role, where you'd act as a mentor for new trainees and act as a subject matter expert for your region.
The skills you'll need
You'll be fully CeMAP qualified or equivalent and ideally you'll have previous experience of giving mortgage advice. It's vital that you have exceptional interpersonal skills. We're looking for people who are proactive when learning how to understand customer needs, who will go out of their way to provide the very best support.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- A friendly, helpful and committed approach to helping our customers
- A flair for identifying and developing new leads
- The proven ability to fact-find, and to make recommendations which meet our customers' needs
We're here for our customers when they need us, so working evenings and rotational Saturdays will be part of this role
How we'll reward you
You'll join on a competitive salary of £25,926 - £36,600 and you'll also join our retirement saving plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 36 days - you may be required to work bank holidays.
At NatWest, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting the Bank of England website (www.bankofengland.co.uk) and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".