DWP. Digital with Purpose. We want a talented IT Service Manager to join our DWP Digital team. Up to £34,285, 27% pension, flexible working and lots more...
DWP. Digital with Purpose.
We want a talented IT Service Manager to join our DWP Digital team.
This important and challenging role is working on the Digital Payment Services and will focus on providing support to the Central Payment System (CPS).
CPS is part of the National Critical Infrastructure, paying £170bn to 20m customers annually. So the scale here is huge and the work you do will make a difference to miliions of people who access DWP services and support.
You will work collaboratively with Digital and Finance colleagues, as well as a number of teams across Shared Platforms, Technical Services, Banking Partners and Service Delivery.
In addition, you will support the exciting Future Payments Programme which is delivering multiple services, the first of which is the delivery of a new strategic bank validation service.
We want someone who can demonstrate good leadership skills to provide CPS support but also help land new products safely and successfully into a fully supported live environment.
The role will be based at Peel Park in Blackpool. Currently the team members are Working from Home though that will be reviewed in line with emerging HR, Digital and Estates policies.
Duties. Work. Projects.
Key responsibilities are as follows, and you'll have training on anything you need to get you up to speed:
- Work as part of a dynamic Live Service team, analysing and responding to new service issues as they arise.
- Ability to assist resolution actions in major incident meetings that are reported against Payment Services applications.
- Share best practice with regard to ITIL disciplines, and work with Digital teams to establish good practices that compliment Agile and ITIL methodologies.
- Reduce Payment Services incidents and problems numbers to improve system performance, liaising closely with stakeholders across all levels in order to provide a robust/1st class customer service
- Using CPS knowledge, able to understand and communicate CPS service issues to colleagues at all grades.
- Translate a technical problem into language/business impact that stakeholders can understand.
- Work with Payment Services Digital teams to implement an end to end service wrap and support model for new applications.
- Undertake regular visits to Payment Services and Service Delivery sites (these visits will be virtual until COVID restrictions are lifted).
- Translate complex information into comprehensive service reports.
- Work at pace and within tight deadlines.
- Potential requirement to be on call out of hours.
- You will maintain stakeholder relationships with CPS users by building on the existing CPS SPOC network, and reach out to affected users during times of service disruption.
What skills, knowledge and experience do you need to show us?
- Managing a quality service - Develop, implement, maintain and review systems and services to ensure delivery of professional excellence.
- Communicating and influencing - Handle challenging conversations with confidence and sensitivity.
- Changing and improving - Help others to understand changes and the reasons they are being put in place.
- Delivering at pace - Regularly check performance against objectives, making suggestions for improvement or taking corrective action where necessary.
- Incident Management - Able to diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding/applying resolutions.
- Relationship Management - Identifies key stakeholders and relationships and works with teams to build these. Understands how to work with stakeholders and contributes to improving these relationships.
- ITIL Service Management qualifications or equivalent experience.
Details. Wages. Perks.
Your base will be in your choice of Blackpool
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £34,285, a brilliant civil service pension with 27% employer contributions, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working including flexible working hours and extra days off
- Family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Award winning culture and environment
- Learning and development, including coaching, mentoring, qualifications and accreditation, career progression opportunities and lots more.
CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.