CIB Operations (Derivatives Ops) - Safeguarding of Client Assets Manager - VP
CIB Operations - CASS Governance Vice President - Bournemouth J.P. Morgan
is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. Department Descr iption:
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Job description:
The European Safeguarding of Client Asset and UK Client Asset Team (CASS/SGCA) is responsible for providing support to the Firm and the Directors responsible for Safeguarding of Client Assets across European and UK based entities to ensure compliance with regulatory rules.
The position forms part of the CASS/SGCA team within CIB Operations. The team undertakes oversight and governance in relation to ensuring JPM's compliance with a variety of local regulations including the Irish Statutory Instruments No 375 of 2017 Schedule 3. The team work closely with Operations , Business and Product Management spanning all lines of business across the Legal Entities in scope for CIB including Global Custody, Collateral Management, Funds Services , Escrow, Securities Lending, Liquidity Solutions , Derivatives, Futures and Options, FX , Equities and Fixed Income . In addition, the team partner with Compliance, Audit and Risk. Summary of Responsibilities:
Working with the Safeguarding of Client Asset Officer and the central CASS/SGCA team, you will ensure that the respective Operations and Business units have the necessary process and control in place for client asset protection across Europe and UK. Key Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the existing SGCA governance structure across CIB for specific Irish regulation ( and additional jurisdictions as required) , including documentation creation for the single officer, new business SGCA assessment for , SGCA standards maintenance, business reviews and SGCA risk mapping.
- Understand regulations, (with potential to participate in industry forums) to ensure the governance model appropriately addresses the requirements
- Facilitate audit activity in respect of safeguarding of client assets
- Provide technical support to product areas as part of oversight
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Business', Compliance, Audit functions and other key partners
- Effective issue escalation management
- Strong writing skills, with control focus and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- PowerPoint and excel experience are essential
- Aptitude at relationship building with all types of Business, Operational and Technology partners
- Experience in an investment banking regulatory compliance or operational team is essential.
- Working knowledge of the MIFID II Safeguarding of Client Asset rules or other client asset protection regimes
- Able to demonstrate working in a control focused environment
- Demonstrated leadership and ability over process and control, both over established and required enhancements
- Attested track record of working to deadlines, with accountability and responsibility for independent workload