Central Controls Office - CIB CORE Governance & Controls Program Manager - Assoc
The CIB Controls Organization is responsible for oversight and governance of the CIB control environment including the development and delivery of an enterprise-wide framework to manage control-related processes; maintain operational risk standards and procedures; develop and manage the end-to-end process to identify and remediate control issues; monitor effectiveness of control implementation. Overview
Control and Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) is the new data driven framework businesses will use to manage their operational risks and make informed business decisions about their risk and control environment. The CIB CORE Governance & Controls team in partnership with the Business Control Managers (CMs),will be responsible for managing the governance and controls of the new CORE framework across CIB. Responsibilities
Key skills and qualifications
- Develop and implement an effective Control & Operational Risk framework - ability to work across business and control partners to maintain an effective controls framework. Take the lead to monitor the effectiveness of the framework and apply change where required
- Maintain effective governance - in partnership with the control managers maintain robust escalation framework and deliver appropriate messaging to Control Management organization
- Maintain Control & Operational Risk Evaluation Procedures and Business Practices documents - ability to work across business and control partners to document and maintain effective processes, identify gaps and lead the implementation of change
- Execute central controls to support CORE lifecycle, with a focus on compliance with Standards and Procedures and, the completeness and accuracy of the operational risk and control data
- Maintain effective risk and control based metrics - deliver effective CIB risk & control indicators and other selected metrics to ensure adequate visibility and transparency of operational risk to senior management. Work in partnership with the control managers to apply change where required and monitor continuous improvement
- Develop and implement effective Operational Risks analytics - ability to deliver deep, thoughtful analysis to identify CIB level risks and measure the overall health of the CIB Control Environment
- Provide governance & controls advice to CORE Program Management - ability to conduct independent reviews and become a subject matter expert to provide guidance and input into the development of strategy
About J.P. Morgan's Corporate &Investment Bank:
- Professional experience in a regulatory, risk and/or control function
- Experience in delivering strong governance and oversight across business and risk disciplines
- Analytical thinker who is adept at reading across issues and identifying key drivers
- Experience in transforming business aligned risk and/or control reporting and analytics
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Have a collaborative style, be flexible and have an ability to partner with other team members across global time zones;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply.
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills;
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced, changing and demanding working environment
- BA (or equivalent) degree required
J.P. Morgan's Corporate &Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investorservices. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutionsentrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion ofassets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate &Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk andextends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information aboutJ.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com .
JPMorgan Chase& Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitivecompensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employerand a member of the UK Government's Disability Confident Scheme.