User Experience Designer
- Market Rates
- Bournemouth, England, United Kingdom Bournemouth England GB
- Contract, Full time
- JP Morgan
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
User Experience Designer We are seeking a User Experience Designer to join JP Morgan in Bournemouth on an initial 6 months contract. Ideally you will have had previous financial services experience working on live trading systems in a highly pressured environment.
User Experience Designer - Markets Execution
About J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
At JPMorgan's Post Trade division we build and run state of the art IT systems that allow our clients and in-house experts to manage complex trades fast and effectively across the globe. In London and Bournemouth we are now looking for an talented User Experience designer to help us build those first class experiences in tight collaboration with co-located engineers and users.
The position: User Experience Designer
User Experience Designers lead product research, strategy, information architecture development, and interaction design to create products that delight users. User Experience Designers are able to discover, understand, and communicate the business requirements of our clients, the emotional desires of their customers, and the context in which these two come together.
Your contribution at JPM
- Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modelling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Play a leading role in the design community defining and using our next generation of design components as these are applied in a new strategic digital platform
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You're looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You will be experienced, under no-illusions about the challenge, but resolute to embody the change you want to see as part of a team of design-thinkers who will support one-another.
- A passion for creating products that resonate emotionally with people
- Extensive experience of user interface design experience
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to applications and consumer electronics
- Strong project and people management skills. Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as AdobeCC, Sketch, InVision, Principle, Pixate, and Framer