Data Governance Manager
Role Purpose: This role will drive positive change in processes, technology and culture to fundamentally shift the way data is perceived, handled, stored and used at the organisation.
ABOUT THE ROLE One of our core priorities across all parts of the business is delivering an excellent experience every time to every customer, internal and external. Our service style is being easy, reliable and empathetic - which you will make a central part of your role. The Data Governance Manager is responsible for working with operational teams to improve the quality and value of core data assets and support strategic data requirements.
- Develop a data governance strategy for approval by the Head of Risk and Assurance.
- Roll out a data governance framework, with a focus on data quality improvement through modifications to organisation behaviour, policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Implement, deliver and report progress on data governance assurance and validation activity to drive improvements in data quality and ensure Catalyst complies with relevant data standards.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the Catalyst's principal information assets.
- Develop and maintain inventory of data maps, including authoritative systems and owners.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards.
- Deliver data governance training, education and awareness events and materials to educate colleagues and promote a culture of effective data management.
- Lead team to work with colleagues to identify key data sets, process map end-to-end business data flows, review the adequacy of how data is modelled, carry out relevant risk assessments and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Identify opportunities to drive value from data more effectively through data architecture changes, database development and data tools.
- Ensure data governance is embedded in strategic projects, ensuring that data principles and requirements are adhered to and that maximum business benefit is realised.
- Establish and maintain Catalyst's data dictionary.
- Define measurements and metrics to monitor data quality and develop targets for achievable data quality standards, producing and sharing reports and ensuring they are acted upon.
- You'll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers' needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will. Passionate and uncompromising about data quality.
- Proven and successful track record in data governance and associated data management principles and practices.
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline and/or extensive experience in data governance and management, coupled with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Broad knowledge of data management methods and tools, with specific expertise in data governance and data quality approaches and technologies.
- Methodical, high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills and a creative, innovative, customer focused and results-orientated approach.
- Able to foster ownership and accountability in others, at all levels.
- Exceptional influencing and negotiation skills, able to challenge constructively and drive fundamental shifts in existing beliefs and behaviours to deliver positive change.
- Able to build and sustain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders throughout the organisation.
- A confident presenter with excellent communication (writtenand verbal) and interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex business issues / analytics into simple messages.
- Able to demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of new and emerging technologies relating to data governance and management.
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues, acquire new knowledge, innovate, quickly grasp new concepts and deliver continuous improvement to services.
- Practical working knowledge of privacy legislation and data regulations
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.