Working for a leading leading executive search firm covering a wide range of financial service disciplines in the UK, Europe, US and Asia, this role will be assisting the Head of Wealth & Asset Management and Head of Alternatives in all stages of search successfully place candidates within these areas of the asset management market.
Carpenter Farraday is a leading executive search firm covering a wide range of financial service disciplines in the UK, Europe, US and Asia. The firm has a market leading position in the Asset Management market and is now seeking to support the existing established team by adding a Researcher.
The role will be diverse in nature with a core focus on the Asset Management sector, particularly public and private equities, an area Carpenter Farraday already has a strong track record of working with some of the most respected firms in the industry.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Head of Wealth & Asset Management and Head of Alternatives in all stages of successfully placing candidates within these areas of the asset management market
- Independently running retained searches
- Generating and presenting candidate market research for existing and new clients
- Preparing and executing mapping reports
- Working as part of the wider research team to provide guidance and input to meet client expectations
- Attending client/candidate meetings
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have existing working knowledge and/or an interest in public and/or private equities.
- Be keen to build and maintain long term relationships
- Have the ability to grasp technical and complex concepts quickly
- Educated to degree level
- Adaptable and motivated in a fast paced and often pressurised environment
- Articulate, engaging and confident communicator
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Have an ability to pull together proprietary information within tight deadlines
- Fluency in other European languages highly advantageous
Candidates we would consider:
- A researcher working in a similar role for a rival search firm
- Junior to senior level recruitment consultants with relevant active equity experience or genuine interest in this area of the market.
- Technical sales, business development or product professionals with an equity background
- Equity Analysts or Equity Manager Research Analysts / PM’s looking to take their career in a different direction
- Sell side equity specialists
What we offer
- Flexible and dynamic working environment
- Competitive base salary with market leading commission structure
- Private health care
- Group pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus an additional day for birthdays)
- Casual dress code
- Modern offices in Brighton and London
- Planned quarterly events for the whole team and partners (these have previously included Michelin starred black-tie dinners, BBQ’s, beach volleyball, paddle-boarding, ice-skating, karaoke, comedy evenings, cocktail making, wine-tasting and ski trips).
- Supportive, sociable and friendly team with ad-hoc social events throughout the year