Application Architect, Digital
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom Bristol England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
We're looking for a Application Architect, Digital to join our Bristol hub
- This is an exciting opportunity not only to enhance our present digital offering, but to contribute to the creation of something new for the future, both in terms of our customer proposition and our digital capability and team culture
- In this role, you'll provide back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) customers
- You'll be able to make your mark in this innovative area of our bank, achieving excellent visibility
What you'll do
You'll be a leader who can own and manage an end to end design work stream, while managing various stakeholders and timelines. You'll conduct or provide input to the feasibility and solution options analysis, highlighting solution strengths, weaknesses and making clear recommendations. You'll have a good understanding of any impact which your areas could have on the business, and you'll be able to bring people together to a common understanding of problems, issues and proposals and coordinate subsequent actions.
Additionally your role will involve:
- Reviewing and challenging the recommendations of other consultants, technical specialists and project managers
- Contributing to the development of initial business cases to support recommendations
- Providing detailed knowledge to troubleshoot issues in a particular domain or area of expertise
- Understanding and providing guidance on balancing complexity, delivery and costs associated with the solution identified
- Supporting the development of colleagues by sharing expertise and specialist knowledge
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with knowledge and understanding of end to end design patterns and technologies used in RBS, along with experience of UML, use cases and modelling techniques including logical data modelling. You'll have a strong appreciation of J2EE, web services and various portal technologies, as well as integration and transformation technologies (e.g. ESB and Message queue).
You'll have strong knowledge of emerging technology trends, which is evidenced by your development of creative solutions and approaches that improve time to market and agility, and robustness of technology solutions.
You'll also demonstrate:
- Knowledge of modern architecture patterns and technologies, including micro services, REST services and APIs
- Experience in Service Orientated Architecture and an appreciation of legacy technologies
- Experience and exposure to principles of database, data modelling and data warehousing
- The ability to manage a piece of documentation from beginning to end, escalating issues where appropriate
- Proven ability to document various architecture artefacts and transfer design knowledge and leadership to an off-shore build team
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.