Head of Partnering & Performance; Annuities, Investments & Longstanding (12 Month fixed term contract)
Wednesday 10 July 2019 Salary Range
£108,675 - £144,900 We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion Job Description Summary
Here at Lloyds Banking Group we are recruiting a Head of Partnering & Performance; Annuities, Investments & Longstanding role as a 12 month fixed term contract.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
Within Finance, you'll be joining the join the Annuities, Investments & Longstanding finance team, as Head of Performance and Partnering, in this 12 month opportunity. Would you like to play a vital role in driving forward the performance of our Annuities and Longstanding businesses?
In this senior role, you'll be applying both deep technical understanding and commercial acumen to maximise financial performance. You'll work closely with the leadership teams in Annuities, Longstanding and Investment Strategy & Execution, and with senior functional experts across Finance on all aspects of the financial management of the business. This will cover a broad remit, from pricing frameworks to investment strategy to capital optimisation.
You'll be delivering influential insight and advice, pivotal in supporting senior executives on performance and strategic decisions. You'll also be leading a team of finance professionals, exercising robust controls and ensuring the development, implementation and delivery of the agreed operating model.
Your accountabilities will include:
What can you bring to the role?
- Manage, develop and motivate colleagues to create a high performing team
- Develop and maintain pricing and technical support frameworks for all product sets across Annuities and Longstanding
- Apply your technical knowledge, commercial acumen and external market insights to challenge and optimise financial results and underlying assumptions
- Identify, develop and implement opportunities for increasing business performance, considering both new business and in-force portfolio management
- Lead the annual delivery of the Operating Plan and support the Quarterly Business Review process.
- Identify, evaluate and mitigate potential risks to the delivery of the Operating Plan and success of the business
- Build and maintain cross functional finance teams aligned to each line of business
- Attend and contribute to relevant forums and committees
- Proactively builds and maintains internal and external network to identify industry best practice and to ensure legal, regulatory and professional compliance.
You're a Qualified Actuary or Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) and can bring both a breadth and depth of finance expertise, gained within other large, complex organisations. You have demonstrable market and industry knowledge and are adept at applying this to provide counsel and advice on important business decisions.
A seasoned people manager, you've led, motivated and developed large multi-site teams. You're accustomed to appraising other's performance and contribution, both individually and collectively.
You're also an experienced relationship manager, with effective communication and influencing skills combined with the ability to provide constructive challenge. You're accustomed to being visible and accountable to your stakeholders, with building effective relationships at the forefront of your agenda.
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career. And in return?
In addition to the salary quoted, the position also offers:
- Car / Car allowance
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. So if you have the skills we're looking for, we'd love to hear from you. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future. We know that success is built from the inside out through our people. Our customers' experience and success starts with yours.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation. Did you know we've won awards?
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women. At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop. We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.