New Business Director – South Region - Other job functions Bristol - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Is responsible for pitching and winning new client relationships with high net worth individuals part of a team of bankers who are focused on one or more of the key intermediary channels.
Our commercial strategy focuses on three main areas:
Summary of the key purposes of the role
- Ensure growth through our key client segments: KCS (Key Client Segment), Core Segment, International and Privilege teams;
- Tighten our global sales management, notably by combining our indicators by entity and by private banker (AuM, NNMA, NBI, GOI, Credit, ROA);
- Anchor our risk culture, conduct, Customer Excellence and the Group values described in the Leadership Model in our sales force on a daily basis
Summary of responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing key business introducer relationships and intermediaries who have access to high net worth individuals.
- Ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly that focuses on long term sustainability of client relationships
- Introduce any business leads to bankers in the BAG.
- Ensure only act on a specified geographical area.
Profile Required Competencies
- Actively involved in developing and maintaining key intermediary channels, both individually and as part of a team
- Attend external events for networking purposes and to identify further opportunity
- Knowledge of markets, products and advice (investment management, wealth planning, banking, credit, and capital markets)
- Meet or exceed a number of individual and team-based financial targets, including income, AUM/NNMA and return on AUMs
- Strong knowledge and discipline relating to risk management, compliance, AML and regulatory procedures
- Ensure that all regulatory training and testing is completed in a timely manner
- Will be expected to provide coaching and guidance to less experienced team members particularly with regard to presentation and business acquisition skills
- Work with the marketing team to maintain a high quality marketing presentation and other key presentation material
- Work effectively and successfully within the team and corporate framework
- Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
- Fully respect SG Policies and Procedures defined locally, at PRIV and at Group Level, in order to control operational risks
- Respect of local SGPBH procedures and relevant regulations
- Application of IMMUNE and FORCE rules
- Must seek advice from management in case of doubt
- Individual contributor level competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- In-depth product knowledge and excellent sales and relationship management skills.
- Sophisticated business development and networking skills
- Manages and targets clients and key relationships.
- Advising across a broad range of products and services
- Knowledge of regulations applying to the bank, its staff and our clients
- Good knowledge of the wider SG Group
- Client development and retention capabilities
- Knowledge of internal risk and conduct management, compliance, AML procedures and constant vigilance in respect of them
- Training and guidance to more junior staff as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Exercise good judgement skills to prevent fraud and raise alerts as necessary
- Team Player & Collaboration
- Demonstrable strong track record of new business acquisition
- Strong business network of key intermediaries and professional services
Why Join Us
- Level 4 RDR compliant qualification such as the CISI Investment Advice Diploma (IAD)
- Level 6 Qualified
- Advanced financial qualifications desirable
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment. Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000LK7
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 30/08/2019