Senior Manager - Metadata Operations - Chief Data Office
- GBP47691 - GBP78000 per annum
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 11 Oct 17 2017-10-11
Lloyds Banking Group realises that analytics and data are a significant business differentiator for financial services companies. LBG is looking to drive a more sophisticated approach to how it manages data and how it interacts and services its customers through the optimisation of data and analytics.
The Chief Data Office plays a pivotal role in improving the quality and accessibility of data in the Group, ensuring that Lloyds delivers value and great customer experience from the information it holds. They are responsible for setting data governance standards, supporting projects and programmes to deliver high quality data, promoting a simplified data architecture and ensuring that we hold comprehensive, accurate and group wide information about the data we hold.
Metadata is 'data about data' and managing it is a core foundational capability in data management. The development of a single group wide repository will inform data consumers what data is available, where it is, what it means and how it is used.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Chief data office to play a leading role in the design and delivery of the Groups Metadata capability. The Senior Manager (Metadata) Leads the development and implementation of metadata capability across the Group.
The role reports to the Head of Metadata operations and forms part of a leam that includes leading for the Group on Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Architecture and changing the groups Change culture to invest in data as a key business asset
Together we make it possible…
Your day to day role would involve you in the following:
* Leading on the development and implementation of processes to deliver a single metadata repository for the group
* Delivering and supporting high quality governance processes to ensure the quality and usefulness of the Group's metadata
* Undertaking consultancy activity as the Business and implementation Subject Matter Expert on Metadata tools
* Providing metadata service & consultancy to projects and business areas
* Developing and managing the implementation of short and medium term operational plans to deliver improved data management for the group
* Influencing business decisions to ensure that data is recorded and managed as a valuable asset
* Evaluating proposals, policies, processes and data to ensure alignment with the data management vision, making appropriate recommendations
* Supporting data owners through training and technical support
* Building relationships with stakeholders across the business to deliver successful collaboration
* Managing adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks and identifies, escalates and mitigates emerging risks as appropriate
We'd be looking for you to demonstrate relevant experience gained across these areas:
* Delivering Metadata solutions to support high quality data management
* Leading the delivery and implementation of data management tools and capabilities
* Experience of successfully implementing & supporting data management processes and tools
* Experience with scaled Agile/Scrum delivery methodologies and ability help drive best practice across complex organisations.
* A real passion for new technology and industry trends focusing on both tech and banking sectors.
* History of working collaboratively with senior stakeholders on ambiguous topics.
* The metadata management tool in use is Collibra, but specific experience of this toolset is not required as training will be provided
In return we'll offer you a dynamic and trail-blazing environment with an inclusive and diverse culture - we'll also offer you a comprehensive package that includes a performance-related share bonus, car/allowance, a flex cash pot to adapt to your lifestyle and numerous other benefits.
So if delivering a real step change in data management capabilities at a leading financial services organisation interests you, and you've the skills and experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you…