Software Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows, and celebrities. Products and services to help fans decide what to watch and where to watch it include: the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; and IMDb X-Ray on Fire TV devices. IMDb also offers a free streaming channel, IMDb TV, and produces IMDb original video series. For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDb Pro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.
You will be given an opportunity to own and drive initiatives through the entire software stack, from customer-facing features and data innovations to cross-team collaboration. You love challenging problems, collaborating with multi-functional teams, and designing creative technical solutions.
You will be part of a team that focuses on making IMDb data globally available providing answers to all our customer's entertainment questions. You'll have the opportunity to design and deliver high scale technical solutions to improve customer experience and increase our reach internationally.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
• Experience developing software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications and services using modern design principles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Significant industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
• Working with cloud technologies at high scale.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.