Software Development Manager
With more than 400 million searchable data items - including 7.5 million movie, TV and entertainment titles, 11 million cast and crew members and 11 million images - IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for information on movies, TV shows and celebrities, and has a combined web and mobile audience of more than 200 million monthly visitors. The IMDb database is continually growing, thanks to a vast contributor community of entertainment professionals and companies, IMDb staff, individual contributors and other trusted sources. IMDb content is integrated into strategically important parts of Amazon and AWS businesses, including Amazon Fire TV, Alexa, and X-Ray on Prime Video. IMDb licenses information from its vast and authoritative database to third-party businesses, including film studios, television networks, streaming services and cable companies, as well as airlines, electronics manufacturers, non-profit organizations and software developers. Learn more at developer.imdb.com. Other IMDb products and services include: the IMDb website for desktop and mobile devices; apps for iOS and Android; a free streaming channel, IMDb TV; and IMDb original video series and podcasts. For entertainment industry professionals, IMDb provides IMDbPro and Box Office Mojo. IMDb is an Amazon company. For more information, visit imdb.com/press and follow @IMDb.
IMDb is a group of entertainment enthusiasts - and we are passionate about ensuring all our customers around the globe have access to all the content they need, when they need it. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company - Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a smaller, nimble team.
If you have experience managing high impact software development teams and a passion for the film and entertainment industry, this is a unique opportunity. You will work with a variety of technologies across Amazon to shape the future of IMDb Content. You must love hard problems, collaborating with teams, defining roadmaps, setting and achieving goals, and setting technical direction through delivery to customers. You will manage multiple software engineers and mission critical systems. As the Software Development Manager at IMDb Content, you will lead your high performing team to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the services that drive the backbone of IMDb. This includes services that enable fans, professionals, and companies to contribute content, systems that make decisions about what data is accurate, refinements to IMDb content structures to ensure the content is highly relevant for customers around the world, and publishing services that make the content easy to access for teams and companies using our content to power their experiences including IMDb, IMDbPro, teams from around Amazon, and third party companies who are licensing IMDb content. You will interface with several teams at Amazon and establish good, working relationships. This is a rare opportunity to work on a global stage with customers from around the world while having direct impact on IMDb's bottom-line business as well as drive strategically important parts of the Amazon and AWS businesses.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Drive technical vision, strategy, and architecture for the IMDb Content systems you own.
• Set a high standard of performance for software engineering roles on your team. Support recruitment and develop top tier technical talent.
• Drive alignment of the technical vision and roadmap internally at IMDb, and with partner organizations across Amazon.
• Support the rest of the IMDb Content team focused on driving the overall IMDb Content product and business strategy and execution.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Relevant engineering experience
• Experience managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• B.S. in Computer Science or related field. Relevant experience will be considered in lieu.
• Proficiency in software design, web services and service oriented architectures.
• Previous experience in mobile app development, machine learning.
• Demonstrable expertise around specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, failure mode analysis, and software management tools for 24x7 environments.
• Extensive experience managing and developing technical leaders, including the hiring and building of performant software engineering teams
• Track record developing long-term strategies which influence leadership decisions.
• Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.