- Bristol, England, United Kingdom Bristol England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Bristol
- This is an exciting opportunity not only to enhance our present digital offering, but to contribute to the creation of something new for the future, both in terms of our customer proposition and our digital capability and team culture
- In this role, you'll provide User Interface (UI) development expertise, in the delivery of digital solutions for our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) customers
- You'll be able to make your mark in this innovative area of our bank, achieving excellent visibility
- This role is available on both a full and part-time basis
What you'll do
You'll be working on a brand new electronic banking platform for CPB customers, that's part of the customer channel technology. Working within the Scrum team you'll help define technical solutions to user stories including any necessary documentation required.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing the front-end code in support of the digital project delivery
- Ensuring any code meets coding standards, and taking part in coding reviews
- Ensuring new code is re-usable wherever possible, and ensuring common components are utilised where appropriate
- Writing unit tests
- Taking part in building and deployment activities as required
- Assisting the team in the resolution of technical issues, collaborating across them
The skills you'll need
You'll need to display previous exposure to banking and finance.
We're also looking for:
- Experience of front-end frameworks including React and Redux
- Someone who has worked with Microservices and Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- An understanding of UX design principles and Accessibility and Usability standards
- Wide exposure to a variety of different code management, build and deployment tools, such as JIRA, BitBucket Enterprise, Git, NPM, Webpack, TeamCity, Artifactory
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment
- A clear communicator- to both a technical and non-technical audience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.