Tester, Deloitte Digital South West Technology Hub, Bristol
Your opportunity Join Our South West Technology Hub Located in the heart of Bristol, a top 10 city in Europe for tech, you will be joining a new team that will comprise of analysts, creative designers, software engineers and testers, that will provide creative digital and technology services for our clients in the South West and beyond.
You will have the chance to work with some of the best technologists and strategists in the business, to shape the future of how we live, work and play. What unites us is our passion for world-class user experiences, innovative use of technology, eye-catching visual design and enterprise-level strategies. Business Operations
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether youâ€™re working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Your role
As a tester weâ€™d like you to have:
Additional desirable experience includes
- Experience of some or all of; functional system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing or non-functional testing including performance and automation
- A good awareness of the role that testing tools play in the software development lifecycle, the types of tools and where it is appropriate and useful to apply them
- Client-facing experience
- ISTQB Foundation Level certificate (or equivalent experience)
- Test management tool expertise (such as HP ALM)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven technical ability - combined with strong business acumen
- Acute attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and often changeable client environment
- Strong academic record
We offer tailored career pathways
- Demonstrable experience writing and executing automation test scripts using open source and/or commercial test automation tools â€" Selenium, Visual Studio Test Professional, Cucumber, UFT (formerly QTP)
- Ability to design and implement test automation frameworks
- Experience in administering a test management tool (e.g. HP ALM)
Recognising and developing the many diverse skills and interests that exist among our Consulting population allows us to consistently exceed the standards of excellence and innovation that our clients expect. Six Consulting Talent Models have been designed by leaders across 11 member firms and offer truly tailored career development opportunities. Each model is defined by differentiated, relevant learning, measures of success, and career trajectories that combine to help you realise your full potential at Deloitte and future-proof our business. Your work, your choice
As a full time member of the Technology Hub our aspiration is for you to serve our clients in the South West either from the Hub in central Bristol or when required at client site in the region. We are committed to helping you balance the demands of work with your personal priorities through informal or formal agile working arrangements. We will support you, if you desire, to take advantage of the opportunities provided by our firm with clients in the UK, Europe and beyond.
Home Location: Bristol
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time Being a Tester at Deloitte Digital
You have useful, core skills in one or more technologies that you can apply in a project context, and you are starting to move beyond the precise practices you were taught, gaining a better understanding of the underlying principles that make them work. You will take responsibility for your own productivity, and begin to take ownership over components within an overall solution. Itâ€™s also likely that you will also start to manage and mentor some more junior people on your project.
You will take responsibility for:
Your service line: Consulting
- Defining test plans for large, complex or specialised client test delivery
- Leading or supporting client test delivery, ensuring the testing meets quality, time and cost objectives
- Providing advice on testing tools and leveraging them effectively to deliver a successful outcome
- Working with key stakeholders
- Reviewing test processes and practices and coaching the team on enhancement opportunities
- Supporting our industry and proposition Testing leads to develop & implement existing & new go-to-market propositions
- Contribute to Deloitteâ€™s thought leadership in Testing
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clientsâ€™ trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster acollaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work.We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctivelevel of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart ofour inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear fromsome of our people already working at Deloitte in agileways . We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for theeighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each ofthe last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work â€" and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what weâ€™re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
Â© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166952