Fraud Risk & Control Governance Manager
- Brixworth, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Barclays UK
- 09 Dec 18
Fraud Risk & Control Governance Manager - Contract - Northampton
Barclaycard are currently seeking an experienced Fraud Risk & Control Governance Manager within barclaycard CCO office. The Fraud Risk & Control Governance Manager will be responsilbe for:
- To provide clear articulation of the Barclays risk and control landscape for Fraud Risk, including ability to demonstrate an understanding of relevant operational control requirements relating to internal Barclays and external regulatory policies;
- To maintain clear and detailed governance of all issues and actions impacting the Bank's fraud risk profile, with a view to ensuring action owners address issues in a timely and effective manner;
- To maintain and develop relationships with senior colleagues, including Business Units, Operations and Technology, Fraud Strategy and Operational Risk teams;
- To provide risk and governance expertise, including detailed assurance and evidence-based testing of new controls to ensure sustainability and effectiveness of design - as well as execution in line with the Bank's regulatory commitment
- Support the Senior Manager by working with risk, issue and control owners to provide expert risk and governance reporting of the Bank's risk posture
The Fraud Risk & Control Governance Manager will have experience in:
- Ability to support and deliver through others; both direct reports and services.
- Knowledge of controls assurance and determining risk and issue materiality and being accountable for the associated judgements made in relation to any aspect of the control environment. This includes both technical and operational controls.
- Data validation and critical analysis methods.
- Proven examples or track record in analytical capability.
- Knowledge of retail banking operations or the financial services industry in general
- Experience of operating as part of a distributed, global team
- Knowledge of relevant policies and standards and industry better practice
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities with the ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Extensive Risk & Governance and Control experience within Financial Services industry.
- Proven Risk Management track record.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing strategies that improve Governance and Control performance.
- Previous experience of managing Middle and Senior Management relationships.
- Proven track record of assessing and documenting control environments showing key processes, systems and key controls.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer services.
- An expert in establishing and driving rolling controls assurance and remediation programmes within a retail-banking organisation or within the financial services industry more generally.
- Proven track record in assessing control environments and identification/implementation of improvements.
- Sound understanding of threats, risks, impacts and associated mitigations as they relate to the control environment within a major retail-banking organisation
- Minimum consistent "Strong" performance throughout career.