GIS EMEA Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
GIS EMEA Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Corporate Title: VP / up to SVP
Line of Business: Global Information Security
Are you a visionary, dynamic, Tech professional who acts with integrity to achieve consistent success? Here in our Camberley office we are seeking a GIS EMEA Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join our team.
You will be part of the senior leadership team for the function, with wide-ranging responsibilities across GIS disciplines in support of the Regional GIS executive. Your role aligns globally to the GIS Business Operations Executive and will play a key role to support the global GIS agenda.
You will have regular interaction with regional executives across GT&O, GBAM and global GIS executives to deliver core elements of the role. Core skills are to have good judgment, keen intellect with the ability to influence and navigate challenging issues.
You will lead a team of people who handle functions across COO and you will require management experience to inspire change and results.
Deep knowledge across a broad range of disciplines and the ability to talk confidently about topics within the function and more complex GIS issues is important. You are able to question and continuously seek improvement to drive efficiency.
You are responsible for the effective and efficient running of Global Information Security in EMEA. The core elements within this centralised framework are:
- Direct support to GIS Executive for EMEA including support to deliver critical objectives
- Deliver critical controls and outputs including finance, headcount, recruitment, internal communications and location strategy etc.
- Lead the workforce management planning for all GIS teams based in the region
- Build and deliver management off sites, in line with strategic aims as set by the Regional Executive and senior team
- Produce GIS central messaging, including Town Halls, Leadership Team meetings, wider management meetings
- Production and collation of strategic materials across the breadth of functional activities, including but not limited to Strategy and Evolution, Org Health updates, location strategy, key work stream reporting and key achievements
- Deliver the next generation of metrics to meet business and regulatory requirements, partnering globally across GT&O including Executive and board level metrics.
As the GIS EMEA COO your skills will ideally include:
- Deep experience across a range of disciples including Change Management, HR, Finance, Communications, Business Support and Operations
- Experience with engaging and communicating effectively with senior audiences on complex and sensitive matters
- Experience of working collaboratively with partners at multiple levels
- Solid analytical skills with attention to detail and great ability to drive teams to achieve outcomes
- Able to influence and lead teams across the GIS organisation to deliver GIS strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working across different Lines of Businesses both in GT&O and across GBAM
- Experience with designing and implementing organisational support models
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.