Identity & Access Management Senior Java Developer
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
Identity & Access Management Senior Java Developer
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: Global Information Security (GIS)
A vacancy exists for an Identity & Access Management Senior Developer within the Global Information Security - IAM Entitlement Service team located in Camberley.
The team are responsible for building and supporting the Global Entitlement Service (GES), an Authorization infrastructure used widely throughout the enterprise, and the Business Roles Service (RBAC), an enterprise wide initiative in simplifying and improving the complete authorization lifecycle (Request, Provision and Review).
The delivery of these cross-business reusable services will require detailed discussion and liaison with the LOB development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for design and development of these services.
As an Identity & Access Management Senior Developer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leverage deep technical knowledge to create technology solutions that address complex technical, architectural and organizational challenges
- Apply deep technical insights and experience to inform, guide, challenge and support strategic technology investments and decisions
- Guiding and assisting other developers to deliver reusable strategic services
- Helping LOB technical teams leverage best practice across products and platforms
- Leverage technical skills to build complex back end entitlements components in Java, with some components in Python
- Develop and extend our existing proprietary entitlements language and related infrastructure (compiler, editors etc.) to support new business requirements
- Contribute new ideas in a rapidly evolving environment and see them through to implementation
- Apply technical insights and experience to inform, guide, challenge and support strategic technology investments and decisions within the group
- Guide and assist other application development teams in leveraging our products
- Help LOB teams adopt best practices across the entitlements space
As an Identity & Access Management Senior Developer your skills will ideally include:
- Highly skilled and experienced Java developer
- Technologies: Spring, REST, Web Services, JMS, Drools, BPMN, Maven, Eclipse and JUnit
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database
- Experience of Linux
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- A disciplined thinker and capable of working across organizational boundaries in a very demanding, high-output environment
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy are essential. Must be pro-active, enthusiastic, adaptable and results driven
- Excellent spoken and written English, clear oral communication skills
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Python
- Technologies: MyBatis, Tibco BW, Thrift, SQL Server, Oracle, Jenkins CI and ANTLR
- Enterprise integration experience and SOA technical architecture and design experience
- XACML experience helpful
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.