Specialist Information Security Engineer
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Specialist Information Security Engineer
Corporate Title: Vice President
Line of Business: Global Information System (GIS)
Here at our Camberley office an exciting opportunity as a Specialist Information Security Engineer is available for a talented individual to help design and develop access control solutions to improve the entitlement and access space configurations of 3rd party applications.
The successful candidate will be a proven architect with good Java development skills aiming to work in the Identity and Access Management group. The successful candidate will be able to mitigate risks around access to un-federated 3rd Party apps.
You will have the opportunity to work in largely new area with new concepts and to face a unique challenge. You will work in a small team of like-minded architects to improve the standardisation and rules in the field.
As a Specialist Information Security Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Take a more architectural route to the security issue surrounding third party applications and implement better standardisation
- Build internal tools to enhance entitlement systems and ensure there is a back-up as it currently relies on a single piece of technology
- Use Java skills to design and develop a new entitlement and access space system to ensure only entitled users have access to applications
- Understand how the client environment is held together
- Work in a fast-paced agile environment, regularly communicating with the rest of the development team in New York
As a Specialist Information Security Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Bachelor's (or Masters) Degree in Computer Science or related field or the equivalent experience
- A high level of Java8 skills is essential
- Good Microsoft stack knowledge is also required
- Proven experience in designing, developing and delivering technical solutions
- Experience working in delivering control solutions, specifically in the entitlement and/or access space
- Experience working in a financial institution
- Experience in a leadership role in Development Operations
- Experience leading a small team of developers
- Global deployment experience, delivering scalable global solutions
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.