Voice Operations Engineer
- Camberly, England, United Kingdom Camberly England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Voice Operations Engineer
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Location: Camberley or Chester
Line of Business: Global Technology and Operations / CTO
We have an opportunity in either Camberley for Chester for a Voice Operations Engineer to join our Voice Network Operations team which is part of Global Technology and Operations at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. You will provide Operations leadership, including strategic and tactical direction, for information technology and client/business area issues in the Network Services environment.
The team serves as the critical issue point the client/business area and Network Services for the resolution of problems and fulfilment of service requests. Our team participates with lines of business in the development of service standards that impact the client and engages and directs suppliers and carriers in management and alignment to those service standards. The team works closely with its peers and colleagues in engineering.
Why should you join us?
- You will have the ability to develop in a dynamic environment
- You will work closely with peers within your division and other areas of Technology globally
- You will experience new and exciting challenges daily
- You will join a growing organisation with the opportunity to help define the way that it works going forward
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Analyse and handle production issues, making timely decisions on resolution and critical issues to ensure business impacts are minimised
- Lead the day to day performance of the Bank's voice vendors and participate in monthly vendor service reviews to review performance against contracted service level agreements
- Provide a critical issue point between the business technology groups, line of businesses and vendors
- Implement and lead Continuous Process Improvement Plans
- Identify, raise and debate risks in the operational environment and handle mitigation activities
- Ensure business continuity plans are built and regularly tested
- Ensure appropriate network monitoring tools are in place and are effectively handled to assist in fault diagnostics
- Ensure capacity and inventory management processes are implemented and regularly updated
- Attend network Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings and analyse changes to mitigate risk
- Ensure Incident, Problem and Change Management procedures are adhered to
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Industry related qualifications such as IPC, Nice or Cisco related accreditation
- Deep knowledge of virtualised servers
- Knowledge of SIP protocol
- IPC Trading Systems, Alliance and Unigy
- Hoot Bridges and Twisted Pair
- Private Wires, Hoots, ARD and MRD's
- Management of complex issues
- Vendor governance
- Call Logging - Proteus
- VM Ware
- ITIL Foundation
- Experience working in financial industry
- Knowledge of NICE Voice Recording products (NTR 6.x, Fusion 2.x, Sentinel, NTRA)
- Working knowledge of different voice recording topologies and call flows, such as 2N, CSR and SMB.
- Demonstrates analytical skills; being a keen problem solver
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner with a wide variety of people, from technology peers through to senior management levels
- Works effectively as part of a global team across multiple time zones
- Works effectively with others to achieve objectives
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours where necessary, including on-call
- Capable of quickly learning new technologies and procedures, as well as being willing to train others
- Ability to work in a high energy environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead operational projects
- Handle operational risks through to successful conclusion
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.