Application Support Analyst
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA Consulting is one of the UK's premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA's Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA's business software portfolio. Products include Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint; cloud services such as Concur and homegrown applications which use the Microsoft Development suite.
• Operational requests - these will range from one off preparations for specific business needs to annual preparation to support year end
• Application fixes - working closely with the rest of the Application management team to diagnose the cause of the issue and deliver a fix
• Application changes - these can range from small changes to existing applications to small projects to implement new solutions
• The role will include working independently as well as part of cross functional teams from across PA's business
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills by:
• Responding promptly to requests for help
• Ensuring the business understands what is happening and that they agree with the approaches taken. The role requires the person to translate IT concepts into business language.
• Demonstrate sound problem solving skills to support design, software development and debugging activities Job Requirements
Application support experience in any of the following:
o MS SQL Server (T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
o MS Dynamics 2013 or above
o MS SharePoint 2010 or above
• A strong breadth of knowledge of the software project lifecycle
• Good understanding of working with SaaS applications - Concur, Office 365, Fuse would be desirable
• Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology
• Previous experience in stakeholder management or customer service
• A passion for problem solving and providing an excellent service to internal stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative
If you are looking for a new challenge within a progressive, modern-thinking organisation with bundles of scope and opportunity to develop, apply now.
#LI-LB1 About PA Consulting Group
Benefits Package at PA
• Private medical insurance
• Interest free season ticket loan
• 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
• Company pension scheme
• Annual performance-based bonus
• Life and Income protection insurance
• Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
• Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.