Associate Director, Advisory
Job Description Summary:
This role ensures the departmental operations are aligned to the Advisory service line's objectives and strategy. Identifying and implementing methods of improving the departmental/office environment and operational efficiency. Play a fundamental role in ensuring the team is able to maintain an excellent standard of service. Job Description: We are a flexible employer and can offer a range of flexible working patterns from part to full-time, as well as working from home.
Grant Thornton is a leading Advisory firm working with a large range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
The Central Region Corporate Finance team, centred in Cambridge and Milton Keynes, is experiencing significant growth in deal volumes. The transactions we work on are primarily UK based mid-market M&A transactions and our clients are typically owner managed entrepreneurial businesses with revenues between £10m and £100m. What you'll be doing:
Who we're looking for:
- Actively managing client relationships, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution, reporting directly to senior team members
- Leading and managing the delivery of marketing documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
- Directing and managing junior colleagues, analysts and support staff on M&A transactions
- Coaching and contributing to the development of junior team members
- Proactively assisting business development efforts including pitching for new work
- Building & maintaining a network of relationships in our local market
- Transactional experience with a demonstrable track record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion including:
- Preparing high quality pitch materials and proposals including sector mapping, market analysis and target client positioning,
- Drafting transaction documentation, including: valuation analysis, potential buyer research, information memoranda and management presentations
- Financial modelling including LBO & DCF analysis
- Must hold relevant professional qualification.
- Must have proven experience managing a sizeable client portfolio with some business development experience