Business Governance Analyst - Wholesale Credit/ Traded Risk
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom Cambridge England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
We are looking for an experienced Business Governance Analyst. Governance is an essential component of a Model Risk Management framework. For a robust and consistent governance framework, the incumbents deliverable will be to enhance existing policy and standards, develop model risk appetite framework, and common lexicon and terminology standards.
Model Standards & Control Governance Managers are are at the centre of how HSBC enforces model risk controls and documents model risk policy and standards, and will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing model risk control activity.
- Managing and executing the delivery of model risk policy and standards.
- Production of high quality, comprehensive, consistent and coherent model risk policy and standards.
- Acting as a model risk policy and standards expert across Wholesale Credit and Traded Risk model risk landscape.
- Drawing the requisite information from FLOD/SLOD stakeholders and translating complex methodologies into high quality easily digestible policy and standards.
- Management of an iterative policy and standards review, challenge and approval process across multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ensuring best practice standards adhered for all model risk policy and standards.
- Develop risk appetite metrics & acceptance criteria for FLOD/SLOD.
- Define the Model Oversight Committee Structure and MRM engagement model with appropriate forum participation.
In addition to the aspects of a model risk Governance Manager this role also requires expert knowledge of Wholesale Credit/ Traded Risk risk modelling.
- Expert understanding of Wholesale Credit/ Traded Risk modelling methodologies and best practice techniques
- Very strong knowledge of the external environment - regulatory, political, competitors etc.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Strong policy and standards writing background
- Wholesale Credit/ Traded Risk model policy and standards authoring experience
- Strong stakeholder management/ interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to translate complex modelling techniques into high quality, coherent policy and standards appropriate for a diverse audience
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements in respect to Wholesale Credit/ Traded Risk modelling
- Strong experience in a process orientated project environment; ability to work as part of a tightly focussed project delivery team
- Strong record of delivery; ability to work under pressure in delivery of projects with tight deadlines
- Superior English language skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills