Embedded Software Engineer
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that's accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be a core member of the platform software team, developing Ring's next generation of Camera centric devices. Ideal candidate would be passionate about building IOT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded wireless systems
• Extensive embedded development experience in C / C++, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
• Extensive experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or WiFi
• Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil/GCC and Git version control system
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
• Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
• Prior experience with system bring-up, manufacturing line testing, or wireless networking drivers is a big plus
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
Ring LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation