Junior Software Engineering Consultant
Junior Software Engineering Consultant
Take your development skills in a new direction!
Full time/Permanent; Melbourn, Herts, UK
Competitive remuneration package that includes annual bonus scheme, private healthcare, travel allowance and more!
Why do you enjoy developing software?
• To have a variety of complex software problems to solve?
• To turn your talents to all manner of design and development tasks - real devices and machines, electronics or mechanical systems, directly with hardware systems?
• To work in a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development - from button sized embedded electronics systems through to innovative manufacturing process control?
• To use your toolbox of programming knowledge and a desire to work in Agile teams.
• To design and build solutions using the best-suited technologies for the problem you are trying to solve?
• To add value through your non-software capability (e.g. as an applied physicist, mathematician, regulatory expert, comms expert, mechanical/mechatronics, etc.)?
• Because it's what you do in your spare time too, for fun?
At PA Consulting our Product Development and Engineering (PDE) function brings...
• Experience of how to design our clients' to manage technology and innovate better - because we innovate every day, for a living.
• Knowledge of multiple sectors where solutions to our clients' challenges may already exist - because we work across all major sectors.
• Ability to take a product from idea to market quickly and efficiently - because we deploy multidisciplinary teams with world class facilities on a single site.
• Commercial understanding to exploit technologies successfully - because we design and improve the businesses that drive these products to profit.
Organisations we work with...
• Invest in their innovation, research and development effectiveness. They need to redesign their capabilities and processes and understand what new skills they need to continuously deliver both incremental and disruptive innovation in their domains.
• Invest in new ideas that deliver better consumer experience and capture their public's view of 'right' values across the supply chain.
• Look inside and outside their organisations to identify the optimum partnerships to spark, and then deliver, innovative products and services. Job Requirements
We expect you will have:
• Degree: 2.1 or above in a relevant degree (Software Engineering, Computer Science etc) or have a technical degree with post graduate exposure to robust coding
• Be a strong, confident programming in ideally a C-based language, but other compiled languages are acceptable
• Ideally have exposure to one or more scripting languages (we use python).
• Be comfortable architecting and demonstrating solutions via whiteboarding and live demo's - you should be more that just a coder, we want problem solvers and communicators!
• Happy to potentially travel ~15% of the time - we want you to actually meet your clients/users, gather requirements and build out your commercial knowledge.
This is a great opportunity for an early career software developer to branch out into the exciting world of technology consulting. If you want to use your skills set across a broad range of industry sectors, technology platforms and problem spaces, then this is the role for you!
* Please note you must already have the unconditional right to live and work in the UK.
PA's Global Technology Centre About PA Consulting Group
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)