Lead Data & Analytics Engineer This is your chance to join an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. They're inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in their core therapeutic areas. Bold in their thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination.
Lead Data & Analytics Engineer
This is your chance to join an exciting global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company. They're inspired by what science can do. Driven by the desire to meet unmet patient needs in their core therapeutic areas. Bold in their thinking. Proactive in pursuing discoveries beyond imagination.
Data & Analytics provides analytics, data insight services and solutions critical to the mission of this organisation.
They are on the hunt for a passionate, Lead Data Engineer to be based at their Cambridgeshire sites. As a Lead Engineer you will support solution development, provide technical leadership, and take responsibility for delivery across many initiatives. You are a T-shaped engineer and leader, a person with a broad range of knowledge and experience across data & analytics, with significant depth in at least one technical area. You will work primarily on their AWS data platform but there is also some opportunities to work their Azure platform.
Desirable technical skills & experience
- Experience of ETL & cloud techniques and tools (we currently use Talend for ETL, AWS data & analytics services such as S3, Athena, Collibra, SQS, SNS, Redshift, Postgres, Aurora, MySQL, EMR, HIVE, PIG, Spark),
- Experience of visualisation technologies (we are focused on Power BI and Microstrategy),
- Experience of building scalable high availability analytics solutions,
- Continuous integration and continuous development (we use Jenkins, Nexus, Git),
- Experience of data analysis - profiling, investigating, interpreting and documenting data structures,
- Familiarity with data modelling techniques and hands on modelling experience (our relational databases are third normal form and star schema),
- Agile practices, especially being a SCRUM Master. (we use SAFe)
- You will have managed managers, or at least have extensive team leadership experience,
Desirable domain experience
- Clinical trial data (CDISC, SDTM, ADAM, HL7),
- Human Resources,
- Compliance (fraud),
- Travel & expenses,
What they are offering
- Base salary of up to £90,000
- 11% benifit fund
- 18% Bonus (can go up to 32%)
- 10% LTi shares
This is a fantastic opportunity and an equally fantastic package, please apply now for immediate consideration!