Senior Programme Manager ILG
- £39,992 - £50,618
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom Cambridge England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership
- 10 May 18 2018-05-10
How do we create the financial system of tomorrow that operates within the boundaries of a finite planet? How can the global investment industry ensure that all invested capital is put to use to deliver society's SDG alongside robust financial returns as a routine outcome of its work? We are looking for an outstanding individual with instant credibility amongst investors, who is highly motivated to address these challenges. You will have the passion and skills to play a key programme management and analytical role to help institutional asset owners and managers, service providers and policymakers deliver commercially-grounded leadership in response.
The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) empowers leaders to build a sustainable economy. We do this by catalysing market leadership through our business and policy platforms and world-class educational programmes, all informed by multidisciplinary research from the University of Cambridge and elsewhere. This role sits in the sustainable finance business platforms team, giving the successful applicant the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest asset owners and managers in the world.
CISL has worked on sustainable finance for the decade since the global financial crisis and our expertise is sought out globally by firms and policymakers. We work long-term with over 50 leading firms in the global investment, banking and insurance sectors through industry leadership platforms that we convene: the Investment Leaders Group, Banking Environment Initiative and ClimateWise group for insurers. Our expertise lies in how to embed resilience to environmental risk in routine financial decision-making, how to transform the positive impact that capital has on sustainability and how to harness the digital revolution in support of these goals.
This is an exciting and highly visible opportunity for someone to take responsibility for the design and delivery of CISL’s work with many of the world’s most influential investors and ensure key insights are translated into our executive education and advisory services. The role holder will have regular exposure to Board-level representatives from across the industry and, with the support of a small team and oversight from the Programme Director for Sustainable Finance, will lead:
- The CISL team that convenes and drives the programme of work developed with the members of the Investment Leader Group;
- Market development initiatives that seek to embed the Cambridge Impact Framework into the evolving landscape of industry leadership on enhancing the positive impact of investment on the SDGs and further action on long-termism in investment practice;
- Applied research projects that inform investor and policymaker action on engaging retail investors in the sustainability impacts of their invested capital;
- Projects to translate key insights from our work on investment and positive impact into relevant executive education and advisory services.
Applicants should be committed to the values that underpin CISL's work and will be expected to demonstrate the following essential skills and experience:
- Thorough understanding of the global investment industry
- Fluency in responsible/sustainable investment theory and practice, with a particular focus on the impact of investments on achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and integrating long-termism into investment practice
- Demonstrated awareness and knowledge of the major global issues, trends and actors in the sustainability field that shape the context for the financial sector, especially investors
- Several years’ experience in a relevant working environment with specific expert insight into the investment industry and/or sustainable investment
- Proven expertise in successfully managing commercially viable projects or programmes for a range of clients, including projects which involve multiple clients or stakeholders
- Experience of different approaches to delivering change, such as organisational change and societal change
- Experience in line managing staff as well as managing project teams
- Excellent relationship-management skills and a proven ability to build, grow and maintain relationships with clients, delivery partners, sponsors and other external stakeholders
- Proficiency in complex programme management, including financial planning, developing and monitoring budgets
- Very high proficiency in English, excellent written and oral communication skills, indicating strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Strong marketing and business development skills
The following experience is also desirable:
- Experience in event management
- Experience of working with external partners to deliver a common objective
- Fluency in another major global language
This post is offered on a full-time, permanent basis in an important growth area for CISL. The position is based in Cambridge, with regular use of CISL’s London office and opportunities for international travel. Informal enquiries may be made to the CISL Human Resources team; firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application, please click on the link in the 'Apply online' section of the advert published on the University's Job Opportunities pages (Academic-related): http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/17239.
This will route you to the University's Web Recruitment System, where you will need to register an account (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
The closing date for applications is 28 May 2018.