Senior Wireless System Development Engineer
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to help devices work better. Operated by Amazon at no charge to customers, Sidewalk can help simplify new device setup, extend the low-bandwidth working range of devices, and help devices stay online even if they are outside the range of their home wifi. In the future, Sidewalk will support a range of experiences from using Sidewalk-enabled devices to help find pets or valuables, to smart security and lighting, to diagnostics for appliances and tools.
Amazon Sidewalk is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with exceptional Wireless experience to join our team. You will develop platform specific code for the Sidewalk SDK, You will work closely with silicon vendors and 3rd parties to investigating and debug product issues, from software bugs to RF calibration. You will manage issue resolution from initial report through to delivering production fixes. You will engage and collaborate with other cross functional teams at Amazon. You will use your wireless experience to guide and influence design and architecture both internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate
• Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
• Is confident to work and assist Silicon Vendors and their customers.
• Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
• Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
• Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience in board level debugging of hardware and software
• Experience in the fundamentals of RF design.
• Extensive experience in embedded wireless systems preferably 900MHz or BLE
• Extensive embedded development experience in C / C++, familiarity with ARM CPUs and FPGAs
• Extensive experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupt service routines and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience with one of more commercial wireless protocols like Z-Wave, ZigBee, BLE, or WiFi
• Experience in firmware development and testing of battery powered products
• Experience with development tools like IAR/Keil/GCC and Git version control system
• Experience with common bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
• Experience with software testing (unit, regression and system testing)
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
• Comfortable in some scripting language of choice
• Prior experience in Python or analyzing sensor data (or interest in learning) is also a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age