Software Development Engineer
Our team undertakes research together with multiple organizations to advance the state-of-the-art in speech technologies. We not only work on giving Alexa, the ground-breaking service that powers Echo, her voice, but we also develop cutting-edge technologies with Amazon Studios, the provider of original content for Prime Video. Do you want to be part of the team developing the latest technology that impacts the customer experience of ground-breaking products? Then come join us and make history.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Development Engineer to join us in Cambridge, UK. If you want to solve complex problems that push the boundary of speech technologies, this position is for you. If you love creating brand new customer experiences with your software expertise, this position is for you. If you enjoy a collaborative environment, working with amazing engineers and scientists, this position is for you.
As a Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers on distributed systems in the latest generative TTS technology. Your work will be characterized by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that? BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Graduate degree (PhD or equivalent Master's) in fields such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, TTS, ASR, NLU or Statistical modelling.
• Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, C/C++. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with various processes in a full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.).
• Knowledge of speech technologies and Natural Language Processing.
• Experience with Machine Learning.
• Efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development.