Software Test Engineer - AS2
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 23 Apr 19
Software Test Engineer - AS2
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA Consulting is one of the UK's premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA's Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA's business software portfolio. Specifically, this role will provide support across PA's non-Oracle portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Tester to help PA deliver best in class, integrated business software.
• To plan, estimate, design and execute system tests on PA's business systems, which include:
o MS Dynamics
o Cloud Services e.g, Concur expense & travel management
o Home grown applications that utilise the MS development suite
• Whilst predominantly acting as a tester, an individual in this role will be expected to develop their understanding of other functions within the software development process
• Some experience of working under different development methodologies (such as Iterative and Agile)
• Experience in testing both bespoke applications and third party products on a predominantly Microsoft platform - C#.Net, ASP.Net, Windows 8.1, MS Exchange, SQL Server 2012 or later, XML
• Experience with testing tools e.g. Testopia, Bugzilla
• Knowledge of creating and executing SQL queries
• Experience in preparation & review of test plans, test scripts and test estimates
• A strong breadth of knowledge of the software project lifecycle
• Show the ability to work quickly yet have an attention to detail
• Be open minded when both problem solving and identifying solutions to a problem
• Be comfortable working to a service level and be responsive to requests when they come in
• Be open-minded to both business change and technology change - we need our people to be comfortable working with a range of technologies
• Be comfortable with developing test plans which support the business process and business requirements
• Demonstrate the ability to prepare meaningful test data to be used during testing
• Demonstrate a care and attention the detail when completing and recording the results of testing
• Ability to make recommendations to solve an issue
If you are a Test Engineer looking for a new challenge, then this opportunity is worth considering. Use the link below to register your interest via PA's Career website.
About PA Consulting Group
- Private medical insurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.