Change Manager, Asset Accelorator, Risk Advisory, Cardiff
The Change Manager is responsible for supporting the business change activities associated with technical change projects, such as stakeholder analysis, change impact and readiness assessments.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in professional services environments similar to Deloitte. The candidate must have a very strong background and relevant experience in change and communications. They will be required to produce communications to the Product Teams and all the relevant stakeholders related to business and technical change activities.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your role
The role will be within the Asset Accelerator team in Cardiff, reporting to the Head of Operations. It will focus both on the people side of change to drive faster acceptance and collaboration, and on the technical aspects of change and impact that change may have.
- Providing oversight and support within the Technical and Service delivery area, including delivering communications plans at project and board level
- Creation and management of the change and communications plans for specific projects
- Drafting, editing and reviewing related change and communications work products such as, but not limited to:
Resistance management plans
Change impact assessments
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Guide (Advises on the task):
Your work, your choice
- Defining the business change approach for specific projects
- Creating business change management plans to maximise user adoption and minimise resistance for tech initiatives (e.g. communication plan, training plan)
- Identifying anticipated resistance, and preparing risk mitigation tactics
- Performing change activities during project implementation and ensuring the change is sustained in later phases (e.g. training efforts, change progress monitoring)
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Your professional experience
- Understanding of how people go through change and the change process.
- Experience in business change management in a project delivery environment and of large-scale business change efforts
- Experience and knowledge of business change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to manage change across numerous and diverse teams ranging from external facing consultants to internal services groups.
- Ability to engage and manage technical and non-technical stakeholders
Additional desirable competencies include:
- Experience of an ITIL working environment.
- Experience of a PRINCE2 Project Delivery environment.
- Business change management certification
- Experience of using agile development methodologies
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- A strong "can do" attitude
- A strong "customer service" ethic that puts the customer first
- A team player with an ability to work collaboratively and positively motivate self and others
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Professional presentation with strong people skills with all levels across the Firm
- A logical and critical thinker with problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in virtual teams, often remote from other team members
- Ability to work in a flexible environment, where different styles of project delivery can occur
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176639