Development Manager, Solutions Factory, Risk Advisory, Cardiff
Deloitte Solutions Factory is looking for a developer team manager who is passionate about building cloud based applications.
You will have a background in the design, automation, deployment of applications, and team leading.
In this role you will be based in our Cardiff delivery centre and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies such as AWS and Azure, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets. You will serve as an expert in own discipline.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Your role will have multiple responsibilities including:
Your work, your choice
- Oversee the team in building and developing solutions to meet project requirements
- Full line management responsibility of developers in your team
- Defining projects gates, versions or sprints to regulate work flow
- Demonstrate solid understanding of software development best practices, with the ability to drive the team to embrace and apply these principles
- Guide the team in resolving complex issues in specialised areas based on existing solutions and procedures
- Manage and fix identified security vulnerabilities
- Hands on full stack development at a Lead level
- Identify new tools and technologies to improve processes or implement additional functionalities on applications
- Provide 3rd line support and specialist advice to Ops and Project teams
- Leading the Development team; Be a leader on projects, assign projects to different team members;
- Training and growth of the team members; define training path and team direction.
- Work closely with the Leadership team, providing regular progress reports and escalation of issues where necessary.
- Help implement new processes to meet strategic goals and direction
- Engage in relations with other development, architectural and networking/engineering teams including those in Member Firms.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full time basis. Your professional experience
- Full stack development experience building cloud applications and solutions using Python, Django/Flask, HTML, CSS, React/Angular/Vue etc
- Proven experience in team leading, including remote/offshore team members
- In depth knowledge of agile devops software development tools and methodologies (CI/CD, Git, Jenkins, AWS, CloudFormation, Terraform etc.)
- Experience in developing and working with APIs
- Strong database/data structures knowledge and experience
- Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communicator and decision maker
- Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
Experience in the following is desirable:
Your service line: Risk Advisory
- OutSystems Development
- Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to succeed responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175658