Junior DevOps Engineer, Audit Analytics, Audit & Assurance, Cardiff
The team you will be joining is responsible for the development and support of an existing in-house data warehouse and self-service analytics platform, predominantly used by our UK Audit practice of around 3,000 staff. The platform is of central importance to one of Deloitte's core businesses and has been, and continues to be, a source of major investment for the firm. The platform already has a number of patents filed; innovation and quality are our watchwords.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
Part of your role will be supporting the availability of the platform and working to help deploy new features, supporting engagements across our client portfolio, both in the UK and globally. This is not a client-facing role, but a key element is a desire to improve the process and the solution by identifying and recommending any opportunities to extend, improve or add new functionality.
Your role will be to collaborate with our development teams to help them deploy software, expand the platform, and ensure that the end user experience is stable and secure. We use a range of tools to manage deployment and configuration, and we are always looking for new ways to streamline and automate our processes.
This role will be very broad, and may well expand over time.
Your work, your choice
- Administeringthe SQL Server installations that form the core of our analytics system
- Administeringour server estate, split across Windows and Linux with a planned move to Azure
- Utilisingand improving our software deployment pipelines
- Workingclosely with our development teams to improve their environments and removeblockers and effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culturewhere people are recognised for their contribution
- Engagingwith our support team to provide 3rd/4th line support for the platform
- Respondingto alerts from our monitoring platform
- Loggingissues in our bug tracking software
- Escalatingissues to our internal hosting and IT support team
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
This is a permanent full time contract opportunity.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012and onwards, including:
- Debugging error states
- Monitoring platform
- Develop software solutions and work processes
- Quality Assurance and Controls
- Windows Server 2012/2016administration
- Risk and Quality awareness
- Basic awareness ofenterprise network concepts
- Working with technicalsupport at vendors where required
Experience with the following is desirable:
Salary; Market Rate. Open date: 05.03.2020; Closing date: 02.04.2020. Full Time. Your service line: Audit & Assurance
- Administering a Linux,Apache, MySQL, PHP stack
- Working with Microsoft Visioand Dreamweaver
- Azure Devops and Mongo
- Working in a helpdeskenvironment
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176875