Regional BD Director - SME Lending - Wales / Scot / N.Ir
- GBP75000 - GBP90000 per annum
- Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom Cardiff Wales GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page Financial Services.
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
Director role working for a government owned Financial institution across finance markets, from supporting early-stage equity funding, provision of growth capital, to senior debt for established SMEs. This role will oversee a team of managers who will partner with SME clients to increase the level and diversity of funding and loans available to those businesses. Working across Scotland, Wales and N Ireland.
Government owned Financial Institution supporting growth of SME lending across the UK.
- You will be leader to and line manager for the 3 field-based Senior Managers located within the region, supporting them to achieve their objectives.
- You will develop strategic level relationships and partnerships with a small number of key organisations involved in helping SMEs grow (across the private, public and member organisation sectors) across the region and raise awareness of our service offerings.
- You will lead on identifying and strategically assessing potential opportunities across the region to add value, shape or influence the SME access to the finance eco-system.
- You will support the delivery of Demand Strategy across the region, hosting SME-focused events as necessary
- You will support your senior managers in any product support activity they undertake
- You will liaise and work collaboratively on issues, initiatives and events with the rest of the network team.
You will operate on a peripatetic, highly mobile, basis across the region, working from partner locations in each area. The role will therefore necessitate extensive travel, with you spending time within each region each month. Overnight stays away from home are highly likely (assume circa 2 nights per week, although this will vary over time).
- Experience of building senior strategic relationships across a diverse range of external partners and stakeholders;
- Experience of operating at CEO/Board level within the public or private sector;
- A strong understanding of the SME finance sector: lending/investing to small business (spanning debt and equity finance) and SME access to finance issues;
- Experience of identifying/assessing large amounts of and diverse sets of information and identifying aspects which are of key strategic or policy importance
- Experience of working in a small flexible team (ideally experience of working within a geographically dispersed team)
- Experience of working at a senior level with governments and/or national development banks (or equivalent) is advantageous
- Knowledge and/or experience of the SME access to finance eco-system is advantageous
- Pre-existing private sector SME finance networks is advantageous
Salary - £75,000 - £85,000
Plus car allowance
Plus bonus (20-30%)
30 days holiday per year
Child care vouchers