Senior Analyst, Risk, Global, Cardiff
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities.
Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Client Security Assistance supports our network of national member firms by answering security related questions/inquiries from clients, maintaining standard answers and handling cross-border as well as non-cross border questionnaires/inquiries. Our people share a passion for strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
With increasing frequency, Deloitte clients are requesting that Deloitte Member Firms complete information security or privacy requests, or a general set of questions/inquiries, as part of their vendor assessment program. As more multinational and local clients request this information, there is a need to provide a consistent and centralized response. This will be facilitated through Regional Delivery Hubs, tasked with the completion of these client security requests. The Senior Analyst's role will involve the pre-population of answers
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
The Senior Analyst will report to the Client Security Assistance Manager.
Your work, your choice
- Responsible for ensuring the quality and consistency of the work of Junior Analysts, where applicable
- Responsible for identifying the remaining questions that cannot be pre-populated by Junior Analysts ( where applicable) and whether consultation is needed with the Client Security Lead
- Responsible for assigning and planning tasks to a team of Junior Analysts, where applicable
- Connecting with the Client Security Leads/Subject Matter Experts to improve delivery quality
- Responsible for highlighting issues found in the SAB, and illustrating where changes are necessary
- SAB maintenance (e.g., following up with owners on expired answers and if they need updating)
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based at our Cardiff office, with an option of working from home one day a week.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
Your service line: Deloitte Global
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, a technology-related field, or equivalent education-related experience
- Experience in responding to customer or vendor inquiries is preferred
- Demonstrable Project management experience
- References from previous employers (preferably from jobs handling sensitive information)
- Proficient English skills in reading and writing, and the ability to understand nuances.
- An understanding of information security standards such as ISO 27001/2, GDPR, NIST is strongly desired.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; a demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of data in short periods of time.
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and work independently
- A high level of integrity and customer focus
- Ability to work with different stakeholders in different time zones while meeting stringent timelines
- Be proactive in working and collaborating with team members
- Experience with handling direct reports
Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Deloitte Global professionals makes an impact that matters to the world of Deloitte. We share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLICSS BAITEC
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175761