Assistant Portfolio Manager - Guernsey - Other job functions Guernsey - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
Investment Management provides investment management services to the bank's clients either through direct portfolios or via mutual funds. The relationship with the client can be either discretionary or advisory. With a discretionary relationship trades may be executed with specific trade approval based on the overall mandate. For advisory relationships each trade must be approved by the client. Summary of the key purposes of the role
Summary of responsibilities
- Assist Portfolio Managers in the administration and implementation of client portfolios and funds.
- Monitor investment management processes and report exceptions to PMS management.
- Produce management information on the PMS activities.
- Produce Portfolio Review Packs and request discussion documents and proposals
- Work towards improving and automating existing processes
- Complete all structured and unstructured learning as part of the data fellowship apprenticeship programme
- Clear overdrafts
- Review list of overdrawn accounts and discuss appropriate actions with relevant portfolio managers.
- Take relevant actions to rectify overdrafts.
- Operating Risk and Regulatory responsibilities
- Carry out permanent supervision checks on portfolio investment processes.
- Perform all duties in line with KH procedures.
- Comply with relevant jurisdiction regulation and always treat customers fairly.
- Assist in the efficient management of model portfolios. This will often be achieved by aligning portfolios into one of our standard strategy models, allowing trading for many portfolios simultaneously and will require liaison with Portfolio Implementation team.
- Develop in depth knowledge of the investment solutions used in discretionary portfolios.
Report on Investment Performance
- Support Portfolio Managers with ad hoc performance analysis and assist in the preparation of reports and performance data for client portfolios
- Produce management information on PMS activities as required.
- Contribute to written client materials as required.
- Answer ad-hoc client queries as required.
- Must know and comply with the regulations, rules and procedures, internal and external applicable in the context of its function and follow the compulsory training.
Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SG Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long-term sustainability of client relationships Profile Required Competencies
Why Join Us
- Individual contributor competencies as defined in the SG Leadership Model
- Basic understanding of all major asset markets (equities, bonds, FX, commodities, hedge funds)
- Basic understanding of asset allocation and portfolio construction principals.
- Basic understanding of investment risk management issues.
- Basic knowledge of UK regulatory framework.
- Good analytical and Macro / Excel skills
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 19000RYC
Business unit: Kleinwort Hambros
Starting date: 16/12/2019
Date of publication: 14/10/2019