Senior Trust Officer - Guernsey - Asset Management Guernsey - Great Britain
The purpose of the Senior Trust Officer role is to administer a complex portfolio of trust and companies and maintain client relationships, providing an overall quality service. Trust Management:
- Develop working relationships with clients, intermediaries and internal contacts to maximise client retention;
- Manage a mixed portfolio of company and trust structures;
- Maintain the highest level of trust and company administration in order to minimise business risk and to adhere to a culture of compliance with policies, appropriate risk management, and use the principle of treating customers fairly (TCF) where applicable, i.e. when dealing with enquiries or complaints;
- Prepare minutes andresolutions as required;
- Ensure individual financial and non-financial targets are met in order to maintain a sustainable fiduciary business;
- Demonstrate an understanding of fiduciary responsibility in order to protect the client, yourself, the team and the business;
- Contribute and achieve personal and team targets reviewing at monthly intervals throughout the year with Team Leader
- Work within team to help identify areas for improvement;
- Mentor new members of staff as required - both on systems and KH policies and procedures and assist with the training of junior and new staff;
- Support team and act as back up where required.
- Develop and sustain a broad technical knowledge across products and services of the Bank to ensure business is supported;
- Update personal knowledge of intermediary/wealth management market, ensuring that the reputation of Kleinwort Hambros is upheld to the highest level possible in terms of compliance and reputation internally and externally and to give continuous consideration to treating customers fairly.
- Attend client meetings as required and maintain full, accurate files/notes of all meetings/calls/conversations using KH systems to store.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities Profile
- Good understanding of the relevant laws of the local jurisdiction.
- Understand the basic features of the different types of investment product
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Good numeracy skills and ability to understand routine documents
- Ability to deal with conflicting demands under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills
- Knowledge of business procedures, standards, policies and procedures
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Kleinwort Hambros brings together two longstanding, award-winning British Private Banks, SGPB Hambros and Kleinwort Benson, to create Societe Generale's private banking and wealth management division in the UK, Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
Established in 1786 and 1839 respectively, Kleinwort Benson and SGPB Hambros have a wealth of experience in helping individuals, families, entrepreneurs and family offices manage their assets.
Kleinwort Hambros retains both banks' standard for expertise, security of assets and quality of service. Our teams come together to provide a strengthened view of on personal, family and corporate wealth, supporting our clients in making sound financial decisions. Driven by our shared values of team spirit, commitment, responsibility and innovation. Kleinwort Hambros provides a service underpinned by local knowledge, backed by global expertise.
Job code: 190001L3
Business unit: Société Générale Private Banking
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 24/07/2019