Financial Systems Analyst, Management Information
- Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom Chelmsford England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Jul 18 2018-07-25
Aon are currently recruiting a Financial Systems Analyst (Management Information) to join our team in Chelmsford. The Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for close interaction with consumers across Management, Broking, Finance, Operations and Risk/Compliance to develop and deliver management information to meet the firm’s strategic, operational, financial and risk objectives, relating specifically to Aon’s Global Intercompany reporting.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Financial Systems Analyst, Management Information
- Utilise business knowledge to deliver high quality MI solutions
- Work with internal clients to develop and deliver management information which is required to meet the business’s strategic, operational, financial and risk objectives, focusing on Global Intercompany transactions.
- Build accurate, functionally efficient and engaging reports which meet the business requirements and enable enhanced business insight across the Globe.
- Implement solutions on time and on budget which require little or no upkeep post implementation
- Ensure reports are built to agreed standards and agnostic of the reporting tool.
- Deliver MI using Qlikview, Sharepoint and other reporting tools within a reporting framework and set of delivery standards which all EMEA MI must adhere to.
- Partner with Krakow Insight Centre to optimise delivery of projects and bridge gaps in requirements.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience of working closely with the business to understand business requirements and deliver reporting solutions.
- Proven track record delivering management information to internal stakeholders
- Understanding of finance and accounting processes
- Able to identify pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions
- Enthusiastic team player with exceptional relationship and empathy building skills
- Good understanding of the principles of data warehousing, analytical tools and change management principles and approaches.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills.
- Background in management information analysis and development
- Experience of delivering Qlikview solutions or related Business Intelligence toolsets
- Awareness of Qlikview architecture and system administration
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with standalone ability to write complex formula.
- Ability to travel occasionally for short periods (with advance notice)
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application