Aon are currently recruiting a PMO Lead to join our team in Chelmsford. The PMO Lead will be primarily responsible for reporting into the change director. The successful candidate will manage the end to end Governance Process for specific strategic Programmes which span multiple years.
Located in any of the Aon regional offices with travel to London the candidate will be responsible for the ensuring the agreed governance process is adhered to including stakeholder management/engagement, reporting at all required levels, RAID reviews, programme plans and financials from submission through to closure.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a PMO Lead:
- Provide a structure project/programme management approach.
- Ensure teams have clear understanding of processes and tools related to project initiation, delivery and project closure, and provide support and guidance where needed.
- Ensuring that the Programmes have the necessary artefacts to move forward through the project lifecycle via stage gate checks and health checks.
- Deliver key Programme updates to suit various external senior level reporting cycles.
- Supporting the Programme / Project Managers in preparing for formal meetings and stage gate reviews.
- Oversight of the programme RAAID log to recognise when items require escalation along with challenging the ratings of Programme level risks and issues.
- Facilitate RAID workshops.
- Adhoc presentations to support the communication of Programme at external Board level and Executive forums.
- Coordination of the monthly Forecasting process for Programme / Project teams to ensure that initiatives remain on budget and any monetary constraints are highlighted and managed accordingly .
- Support central PMO team in delivering improvements to the governance processes.
- Other activities as directed by the Change Director/Programme Manager.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Broad all-round Senior Level PMO and Project / Programme delivery experience.
- Has a 'hands on / can do' approach.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of Programme / Project financial tracking process from submission to ultimate benefit realisation.
- Experience of working on high profile and high visibility Programmes and Projects as a PMO lead.
- Work collaboratively dealing with diverse internal and external stakeholders and the ability to enable and gain commitment to new project management framework and ways of working.
- Confident in nature and has experiencing in leading and chairing meetings.
- Experience with working with Senior Managers and Directors.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Good MS Office skills; especially with MS Project, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to manage and critique project and programme reports and artefacts.
- Ability to challenge status and identify where messaging needs to be clearer.
- Flexibility around working hours / days in order to meet tight deadlines.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.