Tilney Smith & Williamson Are Market leaders in wealth management services including financial planning, investment management and advice, online execution-only investing and personal tax advice. We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Paraplanner to join our growing financial planning team in our state of the art offices in Chelmsford.
Prepare written advice and provide technical research services to a team of Financial
Planners. Ensure that the preparation of advice for clients (both internal and external) is of
the highest quality and delivered in an efficient manner whilst mitigating any risks to the
business and assisting with the achievement of business targets.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
· Prepare suitability reports appropriate to level of experience and under relevant
· Ensure all relevant compliance paperwork has been carried out.
· Carry out technical research as part of the existing arrangement review process.
· Maintain core systems ensuring that all tasks are carried out and completed in line
with the company policy and procedures.
· Maintain awareness of, and act in accordance with, all Compliance and legislative
· Discuss client objectives with the relevant Financial Planner, identifying and obtaining
necessary client information in order to prepare the necessary suitability check.
· Proactively enhance industry and Company knowledge, through external and
internal sources and maintaining an accurate CPD log.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Proven experience in a Financial Services environment.
· Excellent standard of education with a desire to further development and to
undertake relevant examinations.
· Proficient IT skills in core Microsoft Office systems.
· Organisation and prioritisation skills.
· A high level of written and verbal communication skills and the ability to
communicate well at all levels in a clear, appropriate and timely fashion.
· Has the ability to evaluate information, review options, make appropriate decisions
and understand consequences.
· Very strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· A positive and encouraging 'can-do' approach to work, overcoming obstacles with
workable solutions within tight deadlines