EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Actuarial Systems Assistant Manager
to join our team in Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 21 Apr 18
The Actuarial Systems team is responsible for the design and architecture of the Prophet applications and is looking for innovative actuarial analysts to drive and direct their suite of Prophet products into the future and develop technical system features to a level of excellence. Full training on Prophet will be provided and employees will quickly become experts in using and developing Prophet applications, as well as building an understanding of insurance products and regulatory developments affecting the insurance industry worldwide.
We are looking for an actuarial systems assistant manager with experience in actuarial work, model development, programming and asset-liability modelling to join our team working on the Prophet systems. The main role will be to direct and support the enhancement of the Prophet suite of applications, covering Prophet Professional (including DCS and Forms), Glean and Prophet Enterprise.
The specific role will involve working closely with developers of the Prophet System. You will be working to strict project deadlines and potentially working on several projects in parallel. The candidate will be expected to understand the technical nature of the Prophet system and communicate this in a simple way to others. It is also expected that the candidate will become involved in wider IT aspects, such as programming, APIs, database usage and structure and PC/server hardware concepts.
The candidates will be expected to develop a deep understanding of some of the more challenging aspects of Prophet such as dynamic calculations and extended formulae. Exposure and knowledge of the ALS code will be beneficial. They will have an interest in technology and in particular how insurance companies are using new technologies in their business. They will be expected to become subject matter experts on relevant topics and products, supporting other team members where required. They will need to be able to work unaided and provide direction as well as review the work of other team members.
It is expected that the successful candidates may also have involvement in other areas of the Prophet business - the extent of involvement will depend on the communication skills, proficiency with Prophet, business knowledge and personal desire of the candidate to participate in these client-facing activities.
- 5 years plus of model design, coding and testing in the Prophet system involving development of complex extended formulae and/or dynamic interactions
- Part-qualified/given-up actuary with 5 years plus of actuarial experience - in life, pensions or GI
- Asset liability modelling and management
- Knowledge of insurance and regulatory developments in UK, Continental European and global markets
- Risk-based actuarial reporting, including Solvency II, IFRS 17, Principles Based Accounting- MS Office and SQL
- VBA, C# or C++ programming
- Project / work-flow tracking tools, e.g. TFS
- Understanding of programming developments, e.g. parallelisation, cloud
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Experience managing and prioritising work
- Working to tight deadlines escalating risks and issues
- Project Management experience, including Agile methodologies
- Experience of systems integration
- Application design and development tools, e.g. Visual Studio, Balsamiq
- Quality Assurance tools, e.g. TestComplete
- Hardware and operating system environments, e.g. machine/application virtualisation
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.