EMPOWERING YOUR CAREER
We are looking for a Senior Developer for Global One
to join our team in Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Chertsey, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
Our size, the quality of our staff, our diverse global locations and myriad areas of expertise all create an exciting place to work, learn, develop and build a successful career.
FIS provides reliable and trusted solutions for all aspects of securities finance and related businesses. We help a broad range of participants address their stock borrowing and lending, repo, synthetic finance, collateral management and prime finance requirements, all from a financial technology approach utilising our existing and ever evolving technology stack to create an advantage for our clients.
Our Securities Finance team is based in New York, London, Chertsey and Oxfordshire. Our consultants are also based on site with our clients at their locations as required across the globe.
FIS's Global One is an integrated solution for international securities financing, covering the full trade life cycle of principal and agency securities lending and repo transactions. It offers interfaces for importing and exporting transactional and static data using a multitude of different mechanisms including files (XML/CSV etc), messaging (MQ and Sockets) and ODBC reporting. This application is built using UniData Databasic and SB+ 4GL.
The Senior Developer is responsible for carrying out all aspects of the development process under the direction of the Team Leader with support from the other Senior Developers.
• Including problem definition, requirements analysis, solution design, proposal and development, and carrying out initial developer tests
• Maintenance work on existing systems, analysing and resolving problems identified by users
• Should embrace the agile processes and procedures and accountable to the Engineering team, and positively respond to the requirements of the Product team
• Develop code, test our peer's development, review peers code, and write unit tests
• Collaborate with the other development team members and communicate regularly with this team
• Refactor code where necessary - for best performance and practices - be risk aware, and pair-up where necessary
• Bring development experience and will be able to consult with the Team Leader and the Senior Developers on technical issues and liaise with the Produce team for business issues
Skills & Experience:
- Open to new ideas and propose new ideas for discussion, maintain a common team goal and promote a 'can-do' attitude
- UniData UniBasic and SB+ 4GL - desirable but not essential
- Proven expereince of professional development experience
What are we offering?
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
• A collaborative and supportive team environment to help with your professional development
• A comprehensive corporate benefits package
Interested to find out more? Apply now to become part of the FIS team! We look forwards to recieving your application.