Business Analyst - Data Management
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Business Analyst - Data Management
Corporate Title: Officer
Line of Business: Treasury Data Management
We are currently looking for a Business Analyst who will be reporting to the Data Management departments 'Data Stewards'.
You will have exposure to other business partners within the Bank such as Global Liquidity Management, Strategic Asset Liability Management, Corporate Investment Office, and Treasury Finance. You will have the opportunity to learn various Global markets and Banking products and become familiar with various analytical tools including SQL, VBA, and Excel.
As a Business Analyst your responsibilities will include:
- Identification and application of appropriate data controls that includes daily monitoring, escalation and remediation of data quality, data validations and transaction progressions (where applicable) to business partners including downstream data consumers, upstream systems of record and/or technology
- Provide daily product communications to internal TDM partners along with business & technology teams
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations including escalation of data gaps and related detailed plans for remediation
- Participation in testing of technology releases including upstream changes and migration to oversee impacts on downstream business partners
- Frequent and detailed updates/metrics of work efforts, projects and timelines for management review
- Identification and implementation of process improvement and automation solutions
As a Business Analyst your skills/competencies will be:
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP/eLedger reconciliation experience (within Bank of America and/or Treasury is a plus)
- Experience with SQL utilizing Toad for Oracle and/or Toad Data Point would be advantageous to have
- Global Markets Banking product knowledge would be ideal although non essential
- Knowledge of end to end systems testing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- A demonstrated history of good verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently and take initiative addressing issues
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.