EMEA Windows Server Operations Team Lead
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
EMEA Windows Server Operations Team Lead
Corporate Title: Vice President (VP)
Line of Business: CTO
Are you a dedicated, visionary Tech professional? Want to join a growing team where we act with integrity and energy to deliver consistent success? Here in our Chester office we are happy to announce we are recruiting for a Team Lead for the Windows Server Operations team.
Our team handle the design, build and operate of midrange hosting, midrange database, and midrange storage & backup services across the EMEA region. The team support multiple lines of business and multiple technologies.
We are also responsible for technical management of incidents, complex service requests and changes; the management of server security and configuration to adhere to policies, baselines and standards defined by the Global Information Security Team; and continual service improvement routines to reduce incidents and ensure systems stability.
As Team Lead, you will lead a dynamic group of administrators located in Chester, London and Camberley as part of the larger Global Technical Management team offering follow the sun advanced support for 50,000 servers. The role serves as SME on the architecture and operational support of the EMEA Windows Server environment, with a key role to play in the identification and management of risk, and the delivery of our key strategic programs. The role will engage with key senior partners in the region as well as globally and provides an excellent opportunity to motivate change in the Bank, make a measurable difference to our clients and simplify our environment.
What will your main responsibilities involve?
- Responsible for the technical management of the Windows Server footprint
- Lead a team of Windows Systems Administrators to deliver technical management services within agreed SLAs
- Provide authoritative assistance with production issues as required, working with Problem Management to establish root cause and ensure assigned corrective actions are handled and resolved within agreed timescales.
- Contribute to the CTO Key Strategic Programs in region
- Risk management and remediation, with focus on compliance and non-permitted technology remediation
- Relationship management with application owners, LOBs , engineering, and other operations teams
- Provide technical expertise in infrastructure solution design and build, identifying and adhering to standard stacks and reference architectures
- See opportunities to simplify the environment and drive efficiencies through the use of automation
- Work within a global team to drive consistency across the regions
What skills and qualifications will you ideally possess?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- ITIL/Service Management (helpful)
- Experience in Operations in a large environment managing teams
- Demonstrable IT experience in a corporate environment, preferably in a global financial institution
- Deep knowledge of server architectures on the Windows platform
- Solid technical awareness of other server operating systems (RedHat Linux and Solaris), database technologies, storage, backup, networks and middleware (Web servers, messaging)
- Team management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Customer service focused with good interpersonal and communications skills, able to handle business users as well as technical associates
- Ability to positively influence others, regardless of seniority, in order to achieve results and obtain or use necessary resources
- A problem solver, capable of working across organizational boundaries to inspire change
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.