Head of Partnerships - Legal
- Salary: GBP45000.00 - GBP55000.00 per annum
- Location: Chester, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: JCW Search
Our client, a fast growing legal services firm is looking to hire an experienced head of partnerships to join the business on a permanent basis.
Head of Partnerships (LegalTech)
The Head of Partnerships (LegalTech) has significant responsibilities and a major role to play in the development of the business. He/she will have responsibility for managing and developing existing and new partner relationships within Groups LegalTech division, which currently includes expert witness and consultancy services across a broad range of client claimant matters. This will include all Law firms, Insolvency Practitioners, Funders and Insurers whilst acting as an ambassador both externally and internally to provide continuous improvement of services. He/she will also have responsibility for the development and implementation of LegalTech services within Partner firms. The overarching purpose is through external and internal relationships to optimise and improve revenue in all areas.
The Head of Partnerships (LegalTech) will also make an important contribution to the wider work of the Group. He/she will be an active member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and the successful candidate shall report to the Managing Director - LegalTech.
The specific areas of responsibility are set out below. These may be reviewed as required to meet the changing needs of the business. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be proactive in developing strong relationships with existing and new partnerships and all key stakeholders internally and externally, driving the business objectives of the business and optimising revenue.
- Promote the strongest awareness and positive perceptions of the company to the highest level with partner organisations.
- Accountable for the overall delivery, development and performance of an agreed set of partnership services within the LegalTech division.
- Introduce, vet and manage all our partners in such a way that improves inbound revenue
- Conduct periodic account reviews with senior representatives of providers.
- Ensure that regular feedback is obtained on trends, challenges and possible solutions and this is shared with key internal stakeholders.
- Identifying and maximising commercial opportunities for new revenue streams for new and existing business.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement to drive efficiencies for the business.
- Manage new project implementation within the Partners and internally to maximise opportunities in a timely and compliant manner
- Support the business in its ambitions for further expansion through successful development and implementation of new LegalTech services and Partnerships.
- Take a lead in new product development (NPD), including new comparisons and new "own brand" products, brought to market by LegalTech or through another member of the group. This would include preparing Business Plans and Business Cases.
- Work closely with the Managing Director in business and financial planning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Deputise for the Managing Director in respect of his financial and internal operational duties and, where appropriate, act for the Managing Director in his/her absence in respect of these duties.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required and assigned by the Manging Director.
- Working directly with all departments to deliver the business plan, being specifically responsible for the payment cycle and revenue.
- Develop partnership agreements and contracts to deliver long-term profitable and sustainable expansion with a robust governance framework.
- Prepare or arrange for the preparation of high quality reports as required.
All staff are required to:
- co-operate with other members of staff as required in a positive, helpful and friendly manner, taking care to ensure that the best use is made of the business's time and resources in resolving the needs of the business and its staff.
- comply with the requirement of all current legislation as far as these apply to employed persons at work.
- attend such training courses and seminars as are considered necessary to attain and maintain the skills necessary to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- travel as required
1.3 Personal Skills
- Proven experience in partnerships/alliances.
- Legal / contractual development experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally with partners, clients and internal cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable with building strong relationships at all levels.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with an upbeat and assertive personality.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities.
- Experience of public speaking and presentation skills.
- Goal-oriented and data-driven.
- Financial management and reporting at revenue and P&L levels.
- A capable communicator (verbal, written and presentation) who can clearly communicate complex messages to a variety of audiences including Executive and senior management level.
- Sound commercial awareness and understanding.
- The ability to execute business strategy and objectives.
- High standards in terms of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- Knowledge of the Legal and Insolvency industry, and customer workflow would be an advantage.