Java and Cloud Engineer
- GBP75000 - GBP90000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus
- Chester, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Sterlings Partnership
- 12 Feb 19
Senior Java and Cloud Engineering position working for a Tier 1 Bank in Chester, you will be responsible for the greenfield development of their private cloud hosting environment.
An Investment Bank are heavily investing in their technology division and are looking to hire an Engineer who will be at the forefront of developing their private cloud hosting environment.
This is part of a newly created function within region, the team are responsible for the development and engineering of cutting edge solutions for lines of business across the bank. This is a technically challenging and multifaceted role encompassing java development, cloud engineering and the automation of networking devices.
The primary prerequisite for this hire is the core Java development experience, there is scope to pick up on the cloud technologies.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Perform product design activities which may require research and analysis
- Build and implement new software as well as maintain and improve existing software
- Decompose requirements into tasks and provide estimates for those tasks
- Ensure that code adheres to strict standards for accessibility, security, object-oriented practices and performance
- Write and conducts unit and integration tests
- Effectively function and communicate within a software development team consisting of developers, quality assurance, and project management members
- Actively participate in requirements, architecture, and design meetings
What skills/competencies will you possess?
- Extensive expertise in Java, J2EE, Spring (Boot, MVC, Data), and Microservices
- Experience with service oriented architecture and REST based web service development
- Sound API design and knowledge of HTTP principles is vital to providing robust, easily consumed services for the rest of the company
- Demonstrable experience in implementing successful high-performance multi-threaded server applications
- Experience writing performance-critical code
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and practices and Test-Driven Development
- Deep knowledge of various application server including but not limited to Tomcat, Jetty
- Should be able to identify and apply the appropriate design and integration patterns to solve complex business issues
- Experience with Jira, Continuous Build systems, GIT
- Experience with Maven or Gradle
- Exhibit a real passion for software development and customer delivery