Senior Customer Service Representative
- Chester, England, United Kingdom Chester England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Senior Customer Service Representative
Corporate Title: Non-Officer
Department: Commercial Card
Here at our Chester Site we are recruiting for talented individuals to join our Commercial Card Department as a Senior Customer Service Representative.
This team is responsible for answering commercial cardholder's telephone inquiries in accordance with established quality, revenue and productivity goals. The primary objective of the role is to provide a superior quality experience, adding value, and doing both as efficiently and effectively as possible. You must be able to speak 3 languages; English and 2 others (German, French, Spanish, and/or Italian).
In return we not only offer the training and support you'd expect from a leading global bank but also the opportunity to grow your career right here in Chester. With exposure to a variety of financial products and the continued year-on-year growth of the team, we can offer excellent mobility and development.
As a Senior Customer Service Representative your main responsibilities will involve:
- Handle a wide range of cardholder queries regarding the day-to-day running of their commercial card accounts in a multilingual contact centre environment
- Deal with calls from authorisation centres and merchants regarding the processing of transactions
- Handle more complicated cardholder queries and, where necessary, referring cardholders to supervisors
- Always ensure that responsibility is taken for resolving cardholder queries
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge and awareness of bank wide activities and issues
- Ensure that all calls are handled in an empathetic, positive and professional manner, and actioned in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Assist with special projects as assigned by management
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned by management
- Respond to enquiries about the Bank of America products, benefits and services
- Utilise superior communication skills and knowledge of products, benefits and services to generate revenue and maximise account usage
- Ensure that all information transferred to and from the cardholder is recorded accurately, and that confidentiality is maintained in accordance with the FCA Regulations and Data Protection Act
- Be consistently focused on quality of work to ensure the correct balance between customer service and adherence to bank policies and procedures is maintained
- Update bank records in accordance with Data Protection requirements
As a Senior Customer Service Representative your skills/competencies would ideally include:
- Fluent in English, German and one other language such as French, Spanish or Italian
- Convey a professional, courteous and positive attitude when dealing with cardholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, multi-faceted environment
- Self-motivated and results-orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Acts as a Customer/Client Advocate
- Learns and adapts to Changing Business Needs
- Works effectively with others by establishing and maintaining positive working relationships
- Manages Risk
- Previous background in a Customer Contact centre
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online with your CV.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.